Tuesday 26 October 2010

Recipe: Slow Cooker Beef Stew

Wow, it has been awhile since I've posted a recipe!
Time seems to be getting away from me these days but I am still cooking up a storm.
One thing that has changed though: we are using our crockpot all the time! 
Since I'm not getting home from work these days until after 8 o'clock at night we have been relying on our crockpot so we don't end up eating at 10.

We have had some amazing chilis, soups and stews this fall and I am definitely going to be sharing them with all of you. What makes them so great is (for the most part) you just throw everything in the pot and let her cook!

First up, this amazing and super easy Beef Stew recipe I found on allrecipes.com
(apologies for the lack of photos I threw this together before work and had no time)

Slow Cooker Beef Stew


Ingredients
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced (I totally used garlic powder out of sheer laziness)
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups beef broth
3 potatoes, diced (I used red)
4 carrots, sliced (threw in a handful of baby carrots)
1 stalk celery, chopped (used 2)

Directions

1.Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Stir in the garlic, bay leaf, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, and celery.
2.Cover, and cook on Low setting for 10 to 12 hours, or on High setting for 4 to 6 hours. (we opted for the longer cooking time)

I was pleasantly surprised with how this came out  because I honestly thought it wasn't going to be very good. It was flavorful and cooked to perfection. Definitely something I will make again!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f