Friday 24 December 2010

My First Holiday DIY Inspired by Love, Maegan

Inspired by this post featuring a Word Pop Art DIY from ...Love, Maegan I decided to try making my own holiday DIY. While Maegan used small canvases for hers, I decided to use wine bottles.

I must say, I am thrilled with out it came out!


To start off we purchased three bottles of wine. It doesn't matter what kind, we just wanted three clear glass wine bottles. We proceeded to drink all three bottles (not at once) and then soaked them in warm, soapy water to remove the labels. Once the labels were off, the bottles sat to dry for about a day.

Then the fun part! Using Microsoft Word I printed out my letters, nice bold ones and cut them out. Using double sided tape the letters were affixed to the bottles and then let the spray painting begin!


This was such an easy and fun project. I'm so glad I saw Maegan's post. I am toying with the idea of filling the bottles or topping them with something festive.


What do you think of my first holiday DIY?
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f