Thursday 15 July 2010

Because Sometimes It's Nice To Give Back

Last night we had two options
wine & food tasting at our local wine shop, WineNot

or
bbq & blood drive hosted by a local radio station, WZID
The Chill & Grille Blood Drive


Which did we choose?
{You're probably wrong}
we chose the blood drive,
it was the Fiance's choice and the title of this post is exactly what he said.

So off we went, I have never given blood before
but He is a blood donor god!
Type O Negative, healthy veins, healthy blood flow
they actually want him to donate "double red cells" next time.
Ew.

We enjoyed ice cream, pizza and burgers from some local vendors, some of our favs
and we got free t-shirts!


Oh ya and we gave blood!!





Sadly, after my little blood donation bag was 3/4 of the way full my blood stopped flowing,
3 different American Red Cross Employees tried to make it work
but my veins just wouldn't cooperate.
I was totally bummed.
so while I made a valiant effort, my  blood will unfortunately not save lives.
After 13 minutes they "pulled the plug"
but I'll try again next year!!
It still feels good to have made the effort and my babe donated for both of us this time.




to find out where you can donate!
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f