Tuesday 15 June 2010

Our Engagement Celebration

This past weekend the Fiance and I embarked on yet another trip to Long Island!
This time my Parents were generously throwing us an Engagement Soiree and we were, obviously, the Guests of Honor!

{our pretty cake}

We arrived Friday in the early evening and went to dinner with my Brother and his Fiance. When we got our bill we asked our Server to please split it 50/50 between two cards. When she came back she had charged $50 to each card. We had a pretty good laugh and told her to leave it and just take the extra tip.

{taking the ferry across the LI Sound}


Saturday came and it was a beautiful day!
Nine of our close friends made the trip to Long Island, 7 from New Hampshire, 1 from Chicago and 1 all the way from San Diego. You know your friends love you when they'll travel that far just for your Enagegement Party. Most of my extended Family was also in attendance, there were over 50 guests. The party was held in my Parents amazing backyard, I wish I had remembered to get some pictures of the cute decorations! Paperlanterns, lilacs from my Mother's bushes and various lace table clothes and candelabras.


{Katie, Kat, Me & Kinsey}


{besties}


{my MOH}


{future Hubs}

{cutting our pretty cake}

I wore a Forever 21 floral dress, Old Navy cropped cardi & wedges, gold bangles from F21 and later changed into gold sandals from Banana Republic.

We partied well into the night. It was a great time and everyone certainly enjoyed themselves. It was so nice to have all of our friends and family there to support us. It really meant a lot to both of us.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is having a fabulous Tuesday!

And don't forget to enter my fabulous CSN Stores Giveaway!
It's open until Friday.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f