Sunday 6 February 2011

Mad for Mimosas

When I read about a new restaurant opening up in Merrimack, NH called The Homestead I immediately checked out their menu since I just love when a new place opens up in our area.

One of my favorite things about my visits to New York City are the brunches, often served with bottomless beverages. So what caught my eye on The Homestead's menu? Sunday brunch with $1.99 mimosas!
I was sold.

{via}

The Homestead certainly lived up to its name in ambiance. A roaring fire and exposed beams in a large open barn style space. It was warm and inviting from the moment we walked in. Upstairs, the tavern features oversized couches just begging for relaxation with a cool drink.


Of course I immediately ordered myself a mimosa.


It was refreshing and delicious, made with freshly squeezed orange juice. The Homestead's other brunch drinks, screwdrivers & bloody marys were also $1.99 and served in adorable mason jars.


So the drinks were great! What about the food?
I ordered the banana stuffed french toast while the future Hubs ordered the grilled chicken bltc. Both were served with their signature homefries, and both were delish!


The service was also friendly with our server telling us about the lively weekends in the Tavern and being more than helpful about the menu items. She also kept the mimosas coming which made me very happy!


The Homestead is definitely a new favorite, we've been back twice!

Part of the Homestead & Fratello's Restaurant family you can find this location at 641 DW Highway, Merrimack NH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f