Thursday 17 February 2011

Portland Pie Company

The Future Hubs and I recently dined out at Portland Pie Company's newest location in Manchester, NH.
As a New Yorker, I'm quite picky about my pizza but of course I'm always willing to try the new pizza joint in town.


The Portland Pie Co. serves up crafty pizzas with funky local names on their own specialty dough.
You can choose from wheat, garlic, basil, beer or gluten free and either make your own pie or choose from their extensive list of signature pies.
 

We chose the Nor'easter with the garlic dough, a buffalo chicken pizza that's generous on the Frank's Red Hot. We asked for the blue cheese on the side since FH isn't a moldy cheese fan and added traditional red sauce to ours (it's just not pizza without it!). It was every bit as delicious as we imagined and it's served with chopped celery for some buffalo wing nostalgia. It wasn't quite New York style, but they don't claim to be and I didn't mind.
 
 
The Portland Pie Co. also boasts a selection of locally brewed beers but I decided to go with an old favorite, Stella Artois which they served in a Stella glass!
 
 
I was a little bummed that we didn't get more adventurous and try the beer dough so imagine my delight when I found it in our local grocery store! Of course I snatched it up and went to work creating my own signature pie: a spicy hawaiin pie.
 
 
beer flavored dough, sauce, mozzarella, bacon, fresh pineapple chunks & jalapenos.



 
Yum.
I should so get a spot on their menu, right?!
 
 
Portland Pie Co. has several locations throughout Maine and New Hampshire. It's definitely worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f