Friday 16 October 2009

Age Is Just A Number...Right?

I disagree. Last night my Boyfriend and I were having a discussion about some of our friends. In my opinion, our younger friends who are 22 or 23 are on a totally different page in terms of lifestyle than we are. He says that 2 or 3 years can't possibly make a big difference and I completely disagree.

I am finding lately that everything from how I dress, to where I go and what I spend my money on is totally different compared to my younger friends. Some of my younger friends, seem to love overpriced trendy bars & clubs while I prefer laid back bars or pubs. Most of my younger friends live WAY beyond their means, racking up massive credit card debt while I save money but still manage to go out, have a good time and wear trendy clothes. I think that 2 years really can make a world of difference when we consider our priorities.

I'm beginning to find my younger friends irresponsibility actually bothers me. My Boyfriend asked me why and I can't really say for certain what it is that just pisses me off about it. While I too am guilty of occasionally spending money on things I don't necessarily need, I don't live beyond my means. I think mainly I'm just sick of hearing the "I'm broke" excuse all the time and then in the same breath being told about a shopping trip or vacation they want to go on. At my age, if I have to miss out on something because I can't afford it so be it! While my friends have the mentality of "I'll just use my credit card".

I just think that 2 or 3 years can put us in a completely different mind set.

So what do you think? Do 2 or 3 years make a big difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f