Tuesday 27 October 2009

In Between the Now and Then

Recently I received a friend request on Facebook from someone I hoped I would never hear from again. Obviously, I did not accept but it only reminded me that sometimes the bad decisions you make stay with you long after life has moved on.

I'm a very different person now than I was in my early 20s yet, still I am haunted by some of the poor choices I made. Fueled by drugs, depression and anger, I did things that I am not proud of, associated with the wrong kind of people and almost ruined my life in the process. Some days I dwell of the past to the point where I feel awful, like I'm a bad person. My Dad always says it's important to let those things go. I'm not sure why I still hold onto some of those things.

Thankfully I was able to turn my life around. In most aspects anyway, I mean, I still dislike my job but at only 26 I don't feel that not having my dream job is a failure of any kind. I don't touch drugs, I drink only socially and all of my closest friends are clean as a whistle. The point I'm making is, no matter how far off my life is from my past mistakes, whenever something happens that reminds me of who I was then, I truly appreciate who I am now. The network of friends and family that surrounds me is enough to keep me from going down any dark path, ever again.

I think I have a very bright future ahead :)







Happy - Leona Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f