Friday 16 October 2009

You Know I Read It In a Magazine...

So I got so caught up in my last post that I forgot to mention fall fashion. (Probably because it is totally unrelated to what I was ranting about.)

Anyway, I wanted to share my Fall Fashion Favs!

  1. Cardigan Sweaters: Solid, printed, long or short. You can easily continue to wear spring and summer tees & tanks if you throw a cardigan over them. They are just so versatile! I have this one from Express and there are so many variations.
  2. Boots: booties, ankle boots, knee high, over the knee. I love them. I have more than 7 pairs of boots & I recently bought these suede Jessica Simpson Angie boots and I can't stop wearing them.
  3. Tights & Leggings: colored tights, printed or textured tights, fabric tights, liquid leggings, printed leggings. Take mini skirts and shorts into fall by pairing them with tights or spice up a plain dress. You can find them anywhere. Marshalls actually has a wide selection, as does Target and most department stores. I might forego pants altogether because I love tights so so much. A word to the wise though, leggings are not pants and I don't feel they should be treated as pants. Make sure your behind is covered by your top (at least the marjority of your behind)!!
  4. Animal Prints: I always turned my nose up at animal prints. Then I bought this Leopard Print Shirt
  5. Leather & Suede: Faux is OK. Leather and Suede are hot this year. Even leggings are being made out of leather. You can get the same effect with a spandex pair like these leggings from Express. Motorcycle jackets are really big right now too.
  6. Belts: Love belts. Thick or thin, belting a shirt or sweater (even a cardigan!) can update a boring outfit.
All of these styles can be found at major retailers and places like Marshalls & Tj Maxx if you want to save money and the best part is almost all of them can be combined!! I recommend focusing on a few versatile pieces that you can wear with more than one item in your wardrobe.

Happy Shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f