Tuesday 20 October 2009

Chili Today, Hot Tamale.

Today we are supposed to have highs in the mid 60s, this past weekend we had 2 days where it snowed. Such is the crazy weather of New England, it's making it quite difficult to dress myself appropriately for the season. Today I went with a long sweater, skinny pants and high boots. Tomorrow I could be wearing a parka and snow pants for all I know!

So, even when I try really hard not to make plans because I like to feel free from obligation, I always end up with lots of plans. So I have so many things that I am looking forward to at the moment! On Friday, my Girlfriends are coming over for a cocktail party. Absolut Vodka came out with Absolut Boston and all the drinks will be made using that.

On Saturday we are going to Nightmare New England. Basically it's a bunch of haunted houses and stuff like that. Personally, Halloween is my least favorite holiday but I really like scary stuff. I saw rain on the forecast so that could possibly put a damper on the event but we'll see. In keeping with the Halloween theme next Wednesday the girls are coming over to carve pumpkins and on Halloween we are having a party at our place. My Boyfriend and I are dressing up in 1920s era costumes. The following weekend we are heading to a local hockey game and then out on the town with a bunch of friends.

So far this fall has been fantastic and filled with fun outings.  A couple of weekends ago we went up to Loon Mountain to see the foliage, we also went camping in the Berkshires with my Siblings and apple picking near home. Here are some photos I took:



Loon Mountain in Lincoln, NH


Tolland State Park in Otis, MA


Apple Picking at Lull Farms in Hollis, NH


Our 1st homemade Apple Pie!

Anyone else doing some exciting fall activities? My Boyfriend and I have been trying to spend at least 1 day each weekend doing something fun without any other friends. Just the two of us! I highly recommend it as we have been having so much fun lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f