Monday 1 March 2010

My Weekend: The Mediterranean, Pubs & Couch Potatoes

Happy March Everyone!
Spring is almost here!

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend, mine started of with a little trip to the Mediterranean....I wish!! We did however eat at a Mediterranean restaurant that recently opened up downtown.

Restaurant Adria is a cozy little place with a full bar relaxing atmosphere.
Always one to try new things I dragged Ryan along for dinner on Friday night.

The meal started off with a complimentary appetizer:
fried dough with yogurt sauce.


It was so delicious! I could eat it all day.
Next up we had some salads, very fresh and topped with Feta.
Yum.


For main courses I had grilled Lamb and Ryan had Muckalica, which is steak and veal strips  in a spicy sauce with peppers & onions.

Both of our meals were great, and we will definitely head back sometime!
Ryan said he was sad that we were the only people in there since the food was so good. He wished we could make people go there!

After dinner we decided not to see a movie since Ryan had to work in the morning, so Shutter Island will happen sometime this week instead!

On Saturday I had my usual lunch in the car with Ryan at his work and then ran some errands.
For dinner we met up with some friends at a local Irish Pub. After dinner we went with another couple to a local bar for drinks & live music.
We had a blast with them, talking and laughing all night. Such a great time!
I definitely want to hang out with the two of them again.

The Peddler's Daughter in Nashua

One of my Girlfriends was wearing these adorable Madden Girl peep poe ruffle pumps and I found that DSW as them in lots of colors, I'm loving them in emerald green. A must buy.


Sunday was couch potato day!
After waking up I settled myself in on the couch with a couple of cookbooks and a Law & Order SVU marathon. While I was watching I flipped through the books and picked out some recipes to make this week.

Here's what we chose:
Tex Mex Chicken & Rice Casserole
Eggplant Parmigiana
Garlic Lime Chicken
Pork Chops with Roasted Tomatoes
Thai Stir Fry
Pasta with tomatoes & bacon

We hit up the grocery store with a huge list!
The Tex Mex Casserole was our choice for last night, it was really delicious and only 280 calories per serving! It's definitely a recipe that you can add your own flair to as well. I am going to post the recipe for you tonight.


I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!
Happy Monday
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f