Wednesday 21 April 2010

Long Island Weekend Take Two, This Time With Less Wine

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!
Remember me?
I don't know how you ladies & gents who travel for work on a weekly basis do it because after three consecutive weekends of travel I am exhausted!

Not only am I exhausted but my apartment is a mess and I'm generally behind in life.
At the moment I am super excited that I have no plans on Saturday so I can clean the house and get caught up on everything. So anyway, sorry for the absence, it's hard to balance, life, work, travel and blog all at once, ya know?

Last weekend was pretty fabulous though. Ryan and I headed to my hometown of Setauket, NY to spend time with my Parents and look at wedding venues. It was a mixture of exciting, stressful and emotional all in one. We saw four lovely places and we are currently deciding between our two favorites. All of the venues are beautiful in their own way so it's a really really hard decision.

We are getting married in September of 2011 and our ceremony will be at my Church, the reception will follow....somewhere haha.

My Church

We had a chance to wander around during our visit and spent Saturday walking around Port Jefferson which is a lovely harborside town. We walked along East Main Street which is so charming with old school telephone booths and historic buildings. We got some gelato and some rainbow italian ices at Ralph's.




We also walked around the Mill Pond in Setauket. It's where we plan to take some photos after our wedding ceremony because it's so pretty and peaceful.



And don't laugh but my Mom made me try on her Victorian style wedding gown from 1981.


No, I will not be wearing it but I might re-use the veil if it matches my gown. The whole weekend was nice and spending time with my Parents is always so great. Living away from my Fam can sure suck sometimes.

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f