Wednesday 7 April 2010

Personal Best

I started going to the gym last year, around October/November.
I was on a mission, not to lose weight but to get fit.
Thin and fit are two totally different things. And I wasn't fit.
I felt like I didn't have an excuse not to go since it's next to my building and it's free.
Our apartment complex has a really nice gym with everything!
It was slow going at first.
I started by walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes.
and I was really really really winded.
I felt like this:


BUT I kept at it, going 3 days a week.
Or trying to go 3 days a week. In the beginning I made a lot of excuses.
Some weeks I would go 1 day.
Or no days.
I started getting frustrated because it seemed like it wasn't getting any easier.
I knew it was my fault for not committing to it.
I decided I had to make sure I went at least 3 days a week.
After a month or two I was able to run for 5 - 7 minutes periods.
Then I was able to run for 12 - 15 minute periods.
I would still get really winded,
I would get cramps in my stomache/abs.

But I was determined.
I started doing the 30 Day Shred on the days I didn't go to the gym.
I promised myself that I wouldn't skip days anymore.
I still don't always go 7 days a week,
and I beat myself up about it even though I shouldn't.
I got at least 5 days a week now.
The 30 Day Shred still kills me everytime.
I can see the definition in my abs though. And my stamina is fab.
I focus on the music I'm listening to and not the time.
I actually have to fight to not dance to the music. haha.

I feel like my hard work is finally paying off.
Last night I ran 2.25 miles
for 30 minutes
without stopping.

I seriously had to stop myself from doing this on the treadmill.

 
This is me giving myself a pat on the back.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f