Tuesday 13 April 2010

A Long Island Wine Country Weekend

My weekend trip to New York wasn't just on a whim.
It was actually a carefully planned surprise 25th birthday party for my little Sis.
My Sister's Girlfriend planned the whole thing and my Sister believed we were going to a movie screening in The Hamptons.

What we actually were doing was boarding a party bus and spending the day touring Long Island's beautiful wine country. Long Island Wine Country is located on the North Fork of Long Island out on the East end.
We saw 4 different vineyards and drank more wine than anyone should ever drink in one day.


When we left the apartment on Saturday morning,
with overnight bags to keep going with the trick,
my Sister was surprised to see all of her friends in the lobby, yelling "surprise!"
She was blown away and we wasted no time getting the party started!



Our bus had flashing lights and a flat screen TV, loud music and plenty of alcohol.
The first stop on our tour was Baiting Hollow Vineyard.

Baiting Hollow is not only a vineyard, they also rescue horses and have stables on the property.
They have photos of their hoses all over the tasting room.
They have a really pretty outdoor seating area too.
We tasted five different wines here, my favorite was their Riesling.



Next stop on our tour was Duck Walk Vineyards.
I think the name is funny.




Stop number 3 was Vineyard 48, we also ate lunch here.
Inside there was a live band playing awesome oldies music.
Part of the tour was a catered lunch with yummy salads and sandwiches.





We also encountered these people:

in the background there. We called them "The Jersey Shore" and we ran into them at more than one Vineyard. It was some kind of theme party, no word on what the theme actually was.

Last stop was Laurel Lake Vineyards.
They had a great outdoor seating area where we parked ourselves and indulged in some dessert from Magnolia Bakery in NYC. The red velvet cupcake was amazing.






And then it was back to the bus where things got a little crazy...






After that it was back to the Upper East Side to hang out on the roof.
Details are a little sketchy from there haha.


I had so much fun! it made me feel like I was 21 years old again.
And the resulting hangover reminded me that I am actually 26.

But I brought some friends home with me!


Hope everyone had a weekend as fabulous as mine!
I'm off to play catch up with all of your blogs.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f