Monday 15 February 2010

My Weekend: Laid back Valentine's Day

Happy Monday everyone! Did you all have a lovely Valentine's Day weekend? I'll have to catch up on my blog reading to see all the fun.

We kept it low key and simple this year opting not to exchange gifts and just go out for a nice meal.

We tried out a restuarant downtown called Michael Timothy's Urban Bistro & Wine Bar. It is owned by the same couple that owns our favorite restaurant, Buckley's (where we went for our 1 year anniversary). The restaurant itself was very tiny, it felt a little like we were sitting on top of the table next to us. The food was phenomal though and since it is also a Wine Bar the wine selection was fab. I would definitely dine there again but maybe on a less busy night.



We did get dolled up for our dinner. I wore the blue Express skirt that I blogged about with a black puff sleeve top from H&M, Steve Madden Luxe heels and a couple of silver bangles. I also carried a sequin clutch from Coach. Ryan looked dapper in a blue Express shirt and black slacks.



I had the lamb and Ryan had the Filet Mignon. Both of our meals were fantastic. We even ordered desserts since it was our Valentine's Dinner. Coconut Rum Boston Creme Torte on the right.


On Valentines Day, we went to see Valentine's Day. It was cute, a few good laughs and romantic moments. Taylor Swift was awful and it was definitely not Love Actually.
Still cute though. I wore red in honor of the holiday and after the movie we went home to enjoy a bottle of Moet & Chandon White Star and relax.



I hope everyone had a great weekend. And for those of you who got today off, like me, I hope you are enjoying it!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f