Tuesday 2 February 2010

Weekend Recap: Red Lips & Leopard Prints

So I meant to post this last night but then my bf informed me that he would be "waiting in the bedroom naked" so I shut the laptop and took off. I'll spare you the details as that would be TMI.

So anway, I had a great weekend! On Friday night I went to see When In Rome with three girlfriends. We hit up a local theater called Chunkys, I cannot even fathom how they decided on such a name but I love this theater. The ticket prices are cheap because the theater serves food and has a full bar. You get table service and everything, I could not think of a more fabulous way to enjoy a movie. Every town should have one of these.

So When In Rome had it's funny and cute moments but overall it wasn't the best RomCom I have ever seen. Leap Year was definitely better. WIR had some really boring moments and the whole premise was kind of silly. It was still a feel good movie and a good girl's night pick but if you had to choose between the two, go see Leap Year and wait for this one on DVD. Josh Duhamel is super hot though, his marriage to Fergie really confuses me..

On Saturday Ryan had to work which is always a bummer as I would rather sleep in a snuggle with him and since he gets up at 7:15am for work I basically get up too. I spent some quality time with my DVR and then brought him some lunch at work. Whenever he works Saturdays I bring him lunch and we sit in my car and eat lunch together. It's kind of cute. This week I brought him a burrito from Chipolte. Nothing says I'm not eating for the rest of the day like a giant burrito.

On Saturday night we met some friends at a bar called Strange Brew which I believe was named after an Eric Clapton song. I could be wrong though. The bar has over 100 beers on draft and many more in bottles. They have great pub food and live music that's so loud you can barely hold a conversation. They also serve beer towers which always make for a good time. I usually try a different beer everytime I go but our waitress was a moron and kept bringing me a taste of the same beer I was drinking. I did try something new though, the Sam Adams Noble Pilsner. I really like it. Our supermarket was sold out of it when we went last night so other people must also like it.

After the Brew we headed to Wally & Bernies, which we call WB's. I have no idea who thought naming a night club Wally & Bernies was cool but whatever. We witnessed the WEIRDEST crowd of people I have ever seen, ever. Usually we can count on WB's for not having a lot of sketchballs. Oh well. We had fun people watching and danced the night away. I tried a new look on Saturday, red lips! For anyone who follows me on Twitter you probably saw the pic I tweeted. I really loved the look, I was nervous to wear it at first because Ryan literally laughed out loud when I first put it on but he got used to it.  I used Sephora lipstick in The Red. It was pretty inexpensive at $12 so I figured if I hated it no big loss. I will definitely wear it again though!

I wore a Rodarte for Target sequin leopard print dress with black tights, a belt and ankle boots. I really loved the whole look :)

A couple more pics from our night out


What did YOU do this weekend? I already read some of your weekend recaps on the Blogs yesterday, sounds like everyone had great ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f