Thursday 11 February 2010

Recipe You Must Try: Sweet Potato Casserole

This recipe comes from the cookbook The Comfort Table:Recipes For Everday Occassions by Katie Lee. This is another gift I got for the holidays and this is the first recipe I have tried out and I'm in L-O-V-E.
I loved it so much that I ate this for lunch today.
It's a great side dish and even has a dessert like quality to it so I could definitely see it being served as a dessert.
You could make this in a cinch and bring it to Thanksgiving dinner or a pot luck!!

Sweet Potato Casserole


Ingredients:
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks (about 4 lbs)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
2 tablespoon light brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teasponn ground ginger
One 16 ounce bag  large marshmallows

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 4 quart baking dish.

Place the sweet potatoes in a medium pot. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender, 20 - 25 minutes. Drain.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat the milk, cream and butter until warm but not simmering.

Return the potatoes to the pot and add warm milk mixture, suagr, salt, cinnamon, nutmet and ginger. Using a handheld mixer whip the potatoes until smooth and cream with no lumps. Transfer to the prepared baking dish, top with marshmallows.

Bake until the marshmallows are golden brown, about 30 minutes.



So good.
I halved the recipe because two of us can't eat 4 pounds of potatoes.
Enjoy! and please let me know if you make any of the recipes I post, I would love to hear your feedback!
Bon Appetit!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f