Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easter in New York

We were able to spend Easter in NY with my family, It's always so great (and rare) when we can all be home for a holiday.

On Saturday night we had a cozy dinner at home with my Parents and siblings. We dined on lamb, broccoli casserole & mashed potatoes and washed it all down with good conversation & delicious red wine.



After dinner we we relaxed in the great room while the boys watched the Bruins beat the Canadiens in double OT. My Mom had the most gorgeous tulips on display,  I just adore spring flowers.


We woke up Easter Sunday to discover that the bunny had visited us! I can't believe he found us all at my Parents house. wink wink.


I've had the same Easter basket for my entire life. You can probably tell which one it is since it's falling apart!


After chowing down on blueberry pancakes and of course, candy we headed out for a sunday morning stroll.



It was absolutely beautiful outside and we enjoyed the fresh air. There were plenty of little critters out and about and flowers springing up everywhere!

Normally we spend Easter at one of our Aunt's & Uncle's  homes but since my Grandmother has been living in a nursing home since last fall we decided to pack it up and bring Easter to her. My Grandmother suffers from Alzheimers and receives better care where she is. Being able to spend a holiday with her was the best Easter gift.




Some of the beautiful women in my family. My cousin Kelly, on the left, looks amazing almost 2 months after her horrible car accident. She still amazes me everyday. Easter is really all about family for me and there was no shortage on this trip!

I hope everyone had a great Easter!
I've enjoyed reading all about your egg hunts and family gatherings.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f