Wednesday 4 November 2009

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas.



Not literally, but stores like Target are already playing christmas music and HomeGoods, Pier 1 and others already have all of their holiday inventory out on the shelves. I remember when Christmas/Holiday marketing didn't start until right after Thanksgiving, now it starts before Halloween. I think it's crazy and I also think it's putting on that Holiday pressure because now I'm thinking about Christmas plans and gifts and such.

DEEP BREATH.

First things first, I'm very excited about Thanksgiving. Last year I went home for Thanksgiving, the first time in many years I did that (when I say home I mean my Parents' house). I went home because I literally had nowhere else to go. This year, I will be spending Thanksgiving with my Boyfriend and his family and I'm super excited about it. Thanksgiving is also his 25th birthday so it's 2 special occasions in 1! I have spent a lot of time with my Boyfriend's Parents and Siblings but I have never met his extended family so it's kind of big. I am trying to decide what I should bring on Thanksgiving, since I am a guest I feel obligated to bring something along. I was thinking a pie or a bottle of wine would be good. If anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears!


Another Holiday activity I am very excited about is the Holiday Stroll. The City we live in does this every year, I think this will be the 16th annual stroll? I've never been and missed last year since I went to my Parent's for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to experience it for the first time. I'm honestly not even 100% sure what it involves, I know they close downtown and there is music and food and fun. They also light the City's Christmas Tree. The Holiday Stroll is the Saturday after Thanksgiving and a bunch of us will be heading to it together.

The logical date for a birthday party for my Boyfriend was the Saturday after Thanksgiving but since the Stroll is on that day we are having his 'party' on the 21st, a few days before his birthday. The plans are to head to a favorite bar and then a favorite club. He is very excited about it.

So, I'm not going to talk about Christmas yet because I think it's too soon! BUT as usua,l I will be heading to my Parent's for the Holiday and am already being driven crazy by requests for Christmas lists and the like. I have no idea what I want for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f