Friday 20 November 2009

The Weekend Is Finally Here!

Almost. 1.5 hours until lovely rush hour traffic and then I'm home free!

I honestly thought this week would never end. It has gone by so slow for me. It was painful, every minute was like an eternity. I've been very un-cheerful all week which I'm sure only made my week go by even slower. I didn't even want to get out of bed this morning. My Boyfriend probably asked me 100 times if I was getting up and if I was OK.

It's just one of those days, ya know? The ones where you just don't want to get out of bed, don't want to get dressed, don't want to go to work. I could have spent the entire day in my bed if I didn't have a marketing report due today and if I got some resemblence of paid time off. I don't, so missing days means not getting paid which is not good.

So anyway, I unwillingly dragged myself out of bed. Not only did I not feel like participating in the world today but it was also raining. I dislike the rain. I dislike it because I don't have anything to wear for rain! I don't have any of those rubber boots, I don't have a raincoat and honestly it's not easy to look cute on a rainy day, unless you consider wet rats cute. Which I do not.

So I thought I would shop around for some rainy day wear. Here are some of my choices:

Target has a HUGE selection of rain boots. I was absolutely shocked.
I really like these Houndstooth ones.
I would get a lot of miles out of these.



LL Bean has these waterproof mocs
They're cute but will still get the bottoms of your jeans wet!



and they have a rain coat which could prove to be quite useful.
The hood is the important part.



Of course no one thinks rain boots without thinking Burberry
I'm not a huge fan of the plaid on them but to each their own!



And you must have an umbrella!
I love this coach one, the colors are so vibrant.
My umbrella is black & white.
But it's Coach!
Somehow I manage to get my self soaked anyway,
I need umbrella directions.



You could always just rock the plastic poncho.
For some reason we have two of these at home.
I might start wearing them.



I definitely want to invest in some rain boots. The Target ones are only $24.99!!
(Christmas gift alert! I'm a size 9! haha)

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
We are going out on Saturday for my Boyfriend's 25th birthday!
I will post pics of the fun later! I'm so so so excited!

Sidenote: right after writing this post I signed on to Twitter and Nordstrom has a post with a link to their rain boot shop! What a coincidence. I'm so on point haha.
Check it out here: Nordstrom Boot Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f