Monday 9 November 2009

Monday Monday, Can't Trust That Day

Weekend Recap!

Coming out of my lazy Sunday haze can be tough so I'm trying to get my head back into the work week.

Sundays are the ultimate lazy days for me and my Boyfriend. Usually, if we have nothing pre-planned for Sunday and we've gone out Saturday night we'll spend the entire day vegging out. Yesterday was no exception! We started our day around 11am with pancakes & turkey bacon, quick showers and we headed back to bed. My Boyfriend watched the New England Patriots take on the Miami Dolphins (and win!) while I napped/read a magazine/uploaded pics from Saturday night/Facebooked. We finally made it out of bed around 4pm, made some dinner (homemade flatbread pizzas) and watched movies while snuggling on the couch. It was a perfect, relaxing day, it's always so nice to just spend time together without the obligation of plans. I did also manage to get some household chores in there too. The night ended with the Food Network and a Mint Julep Mask (see below). My Boyfriend was quite amused and kept trying to make me laugh as it dried.


I promise the first part of the weekend was much more exciting! Friday night: dinner & cocktails with 2 of my best Girlfriends and Saturday night: an AHL Hockey Game and dancing! Very fun but also very exhausting and I'm not gonna lie, my legs are a bit sore from all the dancing. I'm proud of myself though because I still went to the gym Saturday morning! Go me!

Now it's Monday again, another week of work. I don't really dread Mondays though, I can be a little more tired on a Monday but I also have Pole Dancing class with my friends so I have that to look forward to. This Monday started off the way they always do, the alarm goes off (mine first then his a minute later), we "snooze" for a few minutes then hop out of bed. I go off to eat breakfast and make tea while he gets dressed. I was running late (as usual) and finally made it to work by 9:15 am. In my defense I am a little slower on Mondays and they are doing a lot of construction on the highway that's causing extra traffic.

About an hour into my work day I happen to look down an realize my zipper is undone! How embarrassing, oh well, I go to zip it up and it's actually broken! The zipper isn't connected to both sides anymore so I have spent my entire day so far with my zipper down. Thank goodness my shirt is just long enough to cover it while standing. These are my fav jeans (Gap 1969 Sexy Bootcut in the dark wash) so obviously I will have them repaired. Just a little funny story to start off the week!

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!






Monday, Monday - Mamas and the Papas

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f