Sunday 29 November 2009

My Weekend: In The Christmas Spirit

We went a little Christmas crazy this weekend!

Despite that fact that we won't be together on Christmas morning (I'll be "home" with my Fam in NY) we got our very own Christmas tree this weekend! It's 6 feet tall and totally fake. It came with multi-colored lights and we got some fun colored ornaments to decorate it with. We also hung candy canes all over (not in picture) and a big light up star on top! Isn't it adorable?



We also went to Yankee Candle and got three holiday themed candles, boy are those things expensive! Good thing they were buy 2 get one free. We got Red Berry & Cedar, Jack Frost (minty smell) and Sparkling Cinnamon. The Red Berry & Cedar is my fav so far, it really smells like Christmas.

On Saturday night our Town had their annual Holiday Stroll. Basically TONS of people gather and the close downtown, everyone strolls along to a big tree and they have a tree lighting. Some local shops stay open, restaurants serve food and drinks and there's live music and lots of other stuff going on. It was my first time going and I'm glad we did. It was a lot of fun and really festive. Here's me and two of my Girlfriends in front of the Town tree and me and the Boyfriend in front of some ice scuptures:


Definitely had to break out the winter parka and gloves for this weekend! And to top off our apparantly Christmas themed weekend we went to see A Christmas Carol. The new Jim Carry animated one. It was an interesting take on an old classic. I have a few other Christmas movies I prefer that totally get me in the spirit. Here are my top 5:
Love Actually
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (original)
It's A Wonderful Life
Elf
and Frosty The Snowman
OK and a 6th, The Santa Clause, it cracks me up.

I hope everyone else is getting into the Holiday spirit! This week I will be focusing all my attention on my vacation that begins Friday. I'll be making many lists of what to pack, what to still get, what to bring on the plane, what to put in the safe deposit box, a list for the person feeding our cats....sheesh. I always feel so unprepared before trips and drive myself crazy triple-checking everything. It's probably something I get from my Dad, he was always very detailed with out family vacations.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f