Sunday 27 December 2009

Bring On The New Year

We are back home after a fabulous Christmas in NY with my Family. We arrived just in time for Christmas Eve dinner with my Family. Our tradition is to have dinner as a Fam on Christmas Eve and then exchange gifts from eachother, Santa gifts come on Christmas morning. We had a roaring fire, a lot of red wine and a great time.


On Christmas day, my Parents wake us up by yelling "Santa came!" over and over. They then force us to walk downstairs together while they videotape us, they proceed to videotape the whole gift opening experience and then make us say, in unison, "Merry Christmas (insert year)"

My Dad's whole family came over to our house to celebrate Christmas with us. It was great to see all my family especially since I don't get to make it to a lot of get togethers. I got to catch up with my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Grandparents. Everyone has met my Boyfriend before so I didn't have to go through all the introductions but we had a great time and everyone loves him. I love how my Mom decorates the house, it looks so festive and pretty.

I love the garland on the banister


Our tree with all the presents from Santa


Fireplace with stockings


Yes we decorate my Sister's pup


I love how my Mom displays all the Christmas cards

We came home the day after Christmas, after a very rocky ferry ride off the Island we zipped home hitting no traffic at all! When we got home my Boyfriend's best friend was still in town from Chicago so he came over and we all went to dinner, our other friends met us after dinner and we hit up a local bar. After a couple of rounds we came back to our place, we weren't too into the crowd at the bar. We played Apples 2 Apples and chilled out.

Today, my Boyfriend's Parents and siblings came to our place to they could have their Christmas together. I served cheese & crackers, veggies & pigs in blankets as appetizers, for dinner I made baked ziti and lemon pepper chicken which was served with salad. For dessert I made strawberry shortcake and his Fam brought over some pie and cheesecake. BF's Parents and Sister had never been to our new place and they were very impressed which made me feel good. His Mother was telling us how other Family members including herself have never seen my BF happier which made me feel even better!!

Now, I'm totally exhausted since the Holidays have passed and am also looking forward to welcoming a new year! We are still unsure what we are doing for New Year's Eve. We have a reservation at our fav restaurant for dinner but we have no idea what to do after. We cancelled our original big plans in favor of saving money but I'm sure we'll find something to do!


This is how we roll.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday! Does anyone have any fab NYE plans?

Lilly's Christmas gift didn't make it very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f