Wednesday 23 December 2009

Recipe Of The Week: Sugar Cookies

I'm sticking with my recipe of the week posts because I really do love these recipes and I think others will too. Obviously I missed a couple since I was away but I'm picking them back up.

I figured since it's that time of year a fab cookie recipe could be greatly appreciated among those who need an easy dessert to bring along to the Christmas festivities. I will start by saying that I cook all the time, I rarely bake. So this recipe was super stressful for me but now that I have made it I think it will be a cinch to duplicate. For all you avid bakers out there I'm sure it will be quite easy. Less yelling and butter flying all over than my experience, I have my fingers crossed for you.

I made these cookies last Friday for our Girl's Night Gift Exchange and they were a big hit!! The recipe made a million cookies so I sent my Boyfriend to work with them the next day and all the Guys loved them. I stopped by to bring him breakfast and they all thanked me for sending them their way.

Chewy Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine; softened
2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsps vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended.

Roll into walnut sized balls. Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly.

Bake in the preheated overn for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.

My Two Cents:
This recipe says to roll the cookies in powdered sugar, since it's the Holidays I rolled mine in red and green sprinkles. I left a few plain and iced them and then put sprinkles on top.

I find that because my oven in electric, not gas I have to cook things longer. I cooked these for about 12 - 13 minutes. I also greased my baking sheets - didn't seem to make a difference.

Here are some photos of my cookie experience:





Ta Da!!!

Enjoy!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f