Sunday 10 January 2010

7 Hours And 100 Dresses Later

I finally got my birthday dress!! It only took 7 hours at the mall, 3 department stores, 5 designer stores, a lunch break and over 100 dresses to find it but I got it. I am not going to show it to you yet because I want it to be a surprise. I will say it's from BCBG Max Azria and it's beeeeautiful.

Seven hours is quite a long time to spend at the mall especially with a stroller-less 3 year old I'm quite proud that he was (mostly) well behaved for his Mama, my Bff Katie. Anyone with toddlers will understand what a mall trip is like with a wee one. We had a mission though and it was understood that we were not leaving that mall until I had a dress. We decided that Nordstroms had the WORST dress department of any store and Lord & Taylor and the BEST.

Ryan got his promised lunch at Cheesecake Factory and oh my god could their portions be any bigger? Good lord. The highlight though was this:


Red Velvet Cheesecake.
Amazing.

We didn't only dress shop we also hit up some shoe stores and Sephora. I got myself a few other goodies like these;


Cocktail ring from BCBG
reminds me of rock candy


Dress from BCBG
70% off!! Retails for $198
I paid $59!!!


Dior eyeshadow compact
I can't wait to use it!
I can't even believe how expensive this was! The only reason I paid so much is because normally all my cosmetics are complimentary.
My Father is a Vice President at The Estee Lauder Companies.
Don't hate me.


Grey wedge boots from Aldo
You may remember I featured them here

I also got a t-shirt from Forever 21 since the mall was 10000000 degrees and my thick sweater wasn't doing it for me. We got home just in time to change and head to dinner with some friends. We ate at a local restaurant called Unums and the experience wasn't really the best. It took 3 hours for us to complete our dinner. 2 hours was spent waiting for our food. I think I would go back with just my Boyfriend on a weeknight and see how it is then.

After dinner we headed to our friends house for game night! One of my fav things to do with our friends, we played a game called 'What's Yours Like?" and if any of you are like any of us basically we giggled like teenagers and made a lot of dirty jokes. You can check that game out here. We also played Battle of the Sexes. A superfun game to play with a bunch of couples. The Men won.



Today we slept a lot haha and went to the gym. Now it's snuggle & movie time with Ryan and the kitties. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!! I need to find shoes to go with my dress. Eeeeek.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f