Thursday 14 January 2010

Mental Health Day

So yesterday I called out of work because I just needed a personal day. I have been really stressing about getting everything done before my birthday party on Saturday. Saturday is also my actual birthday, my 26th which is also stressing me out. I had a nightmare that the party was a disastor and according to my boyfriend I was screaming in my sleep.

So anyway, when I woke up yesterday morning I just knew I needed a day to do all the errands I had and just be by myself. My friend Lauren asked me if I was taking a mental health day and I guess I was because I would have lost my mind otherwise. Normally I wouldn't stress out so much and would do everything Saturday morning but my Sister, Brother and their Girlfriends are coming to stay for the weekend so I can't just ditch them to run errands ya know?

I was able to do the majority of my errands yesterday so the day was a total success. With the exception of purchasing the food & alcohol, I cleaned the house, ordered two dozen black and white balloons, ordered our black and white polka dot birthday cake, made a centerpiece for the dining table and did all the birthday gift shopping. Phew!

The cake was ordered from Fredericks Pastries which is local and they make really gorgeous, really delicious cakes. It will be a chocolate cake with raspberry filling and white buttercream icing. I cannot wait to eat it!! I got this beautiful cake platter from Homegoods to place it on, I got the larger one on the bottom, the pieces covered in plastic are large crystals:



and I bought white candles and tied ribbon around them to fit with the theme, I don't have a picture of the flower centerpiece yet.



Aside from my birthday and my friend Lauren's birthday (it's a joint party) this month it is also Ryan's Sister Tiffany's birthday (today) and next week my Sister's Girlfriend has her birthday. I aboslutely love buying gifts for people, I actually had to stop myself from spending god awful amounts of money on them all. I got super cute gifts for them though and I can't wait to give them to the gals. I would share but some of them read my blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise.


I wrapped them all in pretty gift bags :)

And Ryan took me out to dinner last night to a local french restaurant called The Saffron Bistro it's downtown and it's very cute. The food is outstanding. I had haddock and Ryan had lamb, we ordered a nice bottle of red wine and enjoyed ourselves very much. I got to wear my new BCBG dress too.






Goofy smile? check :)

After dinner I watched TV while I wrapped those pretty presents and Ryan locked himself in his Man Cave. It's seriously just our guest bedroom but it has his bed, desk and computer from his old bachelor pad. When we moved I wrote 'guest room' on all the boxes for that room and he wrote 'Ryan's room' which really confused our movers haha. Our place has 2 bedrooms so one of the moving guys came up to me and said "So where is Ryan's room?" and I had a good laugh. So now we call it Ryan's room or the Man Cave because it has blue walls, blue bedding and a framed Subaru poster on the wall. It's such a boys room.

All in all a nice relaxing and efficient day! I didn't come on Blogger at all and there are seriously 10,000 posts to read from you all! I will now be catching up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f