Thursday 28 January 2010

Recipes You Must Try: Panko, Parmesan & Parsley Pork Chops

Ok, So I realize that my Recipe Of The Week bit was a little failure because I got lazy and forgot to post recipes a couple of weeks in a row. Sorry. Soooooo I'm renaming it "Recipes You Must Try" and I will post them when I feel like it haha. I do cook everyday but sometimes I just get so excited about eating my food that I forget to take pictures OR I just throw a bunch of stuff together and forget to keep track of what I put in. This way I will be able to still share recipes with you and not feel bad when it doesn't happy every week or if I forgot to take a pic when I first make something.

So the first recipe I'm sharing is Panko, Parmesan & Parsley Pork Chops which I made last night. I got the reciped from urbanbundle via tastespotting.com which was recommended by Michelle from Oh Mishka and I did remember to take a picture and it was delicious!! The reason I made it, aside from how delish it looked, was because I already had all the ingredients at home! even the pork chops!

Panko, Parmesan & Parsley Pork Chops


Ingredients:
8 thin cut boneless pork loin chops (used 2 and just less of everything else)

1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup flour
2 eggs
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
salt & pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges
extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Place boneless pork chops in a large zip lock bag or between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to tenderize. Remove from plastic and salt & pepper both sides of the meat. Set aside. (This is a great way to take some stress out by pounding meat) :)


Finely chop fresh parsley - you should have about 2 tbsp. (I used dry)

Next you want to prepare your dredging/breading assembly line. Use 3 shallow dishes, the first should be your flour, plate 2 should have your 2 eggs (beaten), plate 3 should have your panko bread crumbs, parmesan, & parsley - use a fork to mix them together to evenly distribute the parsley.

Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with enough extra virgin olive oil to coat the bottom.

Start your dredging process: first coat the pork chop in flour on both sides. then dip in the egg. then finally in the panko mixture. make sure you fully coat both sides. set on a platter and continue dredging more chops.

Place the pork chops in the pan (you should get a good sizzle.) they will only need to cook about 3-4 minutes per side. you want to turn them over when they are nice and golden brown.

Remove the first batch and place on a plate with a paper towel to catch any excess oil.

You can add more oil to the pan for the second batch as needed.
Squeeze lemon over pork chops and dig in!

It really is quite easy to make! We used 2 thick cut pork chops because that is what we had and there are only 2 of us so they didn't pound out super thin but thin enough and still delicious!! I served the pork chops with roasted potatos and salad.

Enjoy!!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f