Friday 8 January 2010

Lamp Lust

I don't know what it is about light fixtures that I love so much, but there is just something about them that is so fascinating. I compare them to statement jewelry, the way they can become a focal point in any room, you can design a whole room around a light fixture and it can draw your attention in or literally create the ambiance for a get together.

Chandeliers, floor lamps, table lamps, track lighting, I could go on. But seriously, have you ever been in a room with a horrendous like fixture that just totally ruined the whol feel of the location? There are so many restaurants that suffer from hideous light fixture syndrome. With the right lighting a room can speak for itself.

So I am just fasciniated by light fixtures and while I have NOWHERE to really put anymore if my own home, I will keep being fascinate by them because one day I'll get myself an awesome one.


As a big fan of wine I was immediately drawn to this Wine Bottle Chandelier from Pottery Barn.


I have always loved covered floor lamps like this one from CB2


Love the earthy-ness of these Pottery Barn beauties


You can always buy a cheapie lamp & dress it up with funky lampshades like these from
Etsy I spy a B&W one that I looooove


For the 'Man Room' a Jack Daniels bottle lamp, also on Etsy


I saw this at a local store but it's by the Casablanca Light Co.
It makes me think of old victorian homes.


Crystal Lamp from James R Moder

So many pretty ways to dress up your space no matter what kind of theme you are going for. I have decided to re-decorate my living room and am currently on the hunt for new lamps or shades!

This weekend is the big birthday dress shopping trip! I had to literally bribe Ryan with free lunch at Cheesecake to get him to actually take me. We are going to the "big mall" which is basically the mall that has all the designer stores and nicer chains down is Massachusetts.
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!
Happy Shopping!
<3

Oh, and P.S. head over to Three Hundred Sixty Five Loves and check out my very first blogger award!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f