Thursday 7 January 2010

Making Friends Is Hard To Do

I feel like at my age new friends are few and far between. I could be wrong but I feel like when you're in school you are kind of forced to socialize with other people so friendships are a natural occurance, when you start a new job you make new friends but what if you are at the same job for awhile with the same 3 people, you're not in school...how exactly does one make new friends? I feel like until I have kids and socialize with other parents this is pretty much it.


I didn't have a lot of friends growing up, I was extremely introverted and painfully shy. People avoided me simply because I didn't talk much. I never had girlfriends, I had a lot of guy friends but girls tended to steer clear of me, choosing instead to spread rumors, be cruel or place blame on me for things beyond my control. It still happens occassionally today, I guess it's easy to blame things on me because I simply don't care enough to make it a big deal. I spent a lot of time alone, lonely, and depressed.

Then I met Katie & Kinsey and we became great friends, we started a whole network of friends that includes a couple of other girls, boyfriends and other friends. We are so close and such a tight knit group. It's nearly impossible for anyone to break into our little clique and over the last year we have collectively cut ties with many girl's who simply did not understand the dynamic, bringing drama and bull shit that our group had never had before.


In the next year both Katie and Kinsey are moving away, across the country to California. Not together and not at the same time but eventually they will both be gone, off to start new lives and new adventures. I'm not jealous but I'm sad. No more girl's nights, game nights, big crazy parties. Who am I going to go shopping with on a Saturday morning? Who will be my gym buddy? If I had big news who will scream and hug me in excitement? Who will we have date nights with?

I asked my Boyfriend who we are going to hangout with once they're gone and he doesn't have an answer for me. He prefers to ignore the question because he's afraid it will lead to a "why don't we move?" discussion. What if we get engaged, how would they attend my engagement party? bridal shower? how how how is all I keep asking myself. I feel like I'm going to be all alone again. I have never in my life been so close to two girls before.

I hope in this year we spend as much time together as possible, and that I will be able to visit on a very regular basis. And Kinsey, if you're reading this, please don't feel bad.














<3 LOVE YOU GIRLS <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f