Tuesday 5 January 2010

Please Don't Breathe Near Me

So I lost my health insurance on December 31st and won't have new insurance until February 1st. For this one month I am praying to God that I don't get in any kind of tragic accident or fall ill. I basically told everyone I know that if they feel sick, are sick, have a sick kid, have a sick coworker, or work with sick people to stay the hell away from me! Nothing personal I just really don't want to get sick. I haven't had so much as a cold in over a year and I'm probably jinxing myself by writing this down.

Would it be inappropriate to show up to work like this?


I'm seriously considering it. My co-worker is sick, she's always sick. Seriously, I have never in my life known someone who has gotten sick more often than her. I'm trying to stay far far away from her.

You see, my job doesn't offer health insurance (another perk) and up until the end of last year I managed to stay covered under my Parents health insurace. Don't ask me why but they consider children up to their 25th year to be dependents. I wasn't going to complain. So here I am turning 26 years old in less than 2 weeks and I have NO CLUE about health insurance. My Boyfriend and I fall just short of a domestic partnership but the insurance guy at his company put together a plan for me. So I submitted all my paperwork and apparantly forgot to include a check, for how much I asked, he had no idea but said he would call me later. Did he call? NO! So maybe I won't even have insurance by February, I don't know.

Until then this is my public service announcement asking people to please not breathe near me and inadvertantly share their germs. 

I will be doing a lot of this:



And using a lot of this:


To avoid this:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f