Wednesday 6 January 2010

One-Shoulder Wonders

I only own 1 piece of clothing that is one-shouldered but I am becoming increasingling smitten with the style. I am seeing more and more styles out there that I love and I think I might be ready to try some out.

One of my biggest body insecurities are my shoulders, they're just..so broad. I'm not a dainty girl by any means and I am really self-concious about my shoulders. According to everyone this is all in my head but I refuse to wear anything strapless because of this. One-shoulder is not strapless though! and I feel like maybe I can get away with it. So I have been cruising the stores checking out the styles and on my next mall trip I am going to go for it and purchase myself another one-shoulder beauty!


Elizabeth & James Vanessa Blouse
Love this bluse, and this line.


LaRok Electro Clash Dress


One Shoulder Dress by Thread Social via Net-a-Porter
This color is gorgeous


Forever 21 top


Arden B tunic

I'm really loving that Forever 21 top so maybe I'll start with that. My Boyfriend promised to go to the mall with me this weekend so I can finally find a dress to wear on my birthday. Dress #2 didn't work out, not that I've explained the whole debacle. So here's the story...

I ordered the perfect dress from Modcloth.com and using their size charts got a medium. It was way too big. So I sent it in for an exchange, they confirmed they recieved my exchange on December 15th, they didn't process my exchange until December 28th (!!!!) by which time the dress was SOLD OUT.

So I started my search over silently cursing Modcloth under my breathm, I may have written a nasty tweet about them. I found an uber pretty Max & Cleo dress (I featured it here) which I love BUT it came and it is not white or off-white, it's ecru which simply does not work for my Black & White themed birthday party. And on top of that, a little too snug in the chest area, common problem of mine. My fault for not reading the description properly but the picture shows an off-white dress!

Sooooooo after shedding some (a lot of) tears Ryan offered to take me to the mall (his least favorite place) and of course, I said yes! Because when a man offers to take you shopping you don't say no!

Happy Shopping everyone!
I hope by next week I have a fab Birthday dress to show off
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f