Sunday 3 January 2010

Sparkle & Shine

While diamonds are a girl's best friend, they can also be quite costly. I love diamond jewellery but it is also the last on my list of what I will spend my money on.

However, I think that there are a few essential pieces every woman should have and beyond that, if you can afford it, go for it but I have also foundd that there are soma fabulous alternatives to good old fashioned diamonds.

Swarovski is one of my favorite places for sparkling accessories. While it's beautiful and fashionable their jewels are also made out of hypo-allergenic metal called Rhodium. As someone with super sensitive skin, I love that. Cubic Zirconia and Rhinestones are another alternative, I think they can definitely look cheap if you try to go too big (think John Gosselin & his huge earrings) but subtle pieces can certainly add a nice shine to your look.


A simple but elegant pair of diamond studs is a must have
(Macys)

Cubic Zirconia bangle bracelets, also from Macys

I got this Bulova diamond accent watch from my Mom & Dad for Christmas.
The only reason they got it for me is because they felt it was one of those timeless pieces that I will have forever.

Swarovski Power Jet Evening bag.
Perfect accessorie to a cocktail dress.

Every girl should have a simple diamond necklace.
This Everlon Diamond Knot Pendant is really pretty.

This Swarovski headband will definitely add some glitz to your ensemble.

Swarovski also has beautiful pendant necklaces in many shapes and colors like this Heart Truth pendant.

These diamond & pearl earrings from Blue Nile are so elegant.

Rhinestone cocktail ring from Forever 21

Rhinestone bobby pins

I hope everyone gets to add some sparkle and shine to their wardrobes this year!
Happy Shopping!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

f